Banks 66793 Tuner | Banks Derringer Tuner
Includes iDash 1.8 – DataMonster – Active Safety
The Banks 66793 Tuner Comes w/ Pre-Loaded Tunes for:
2017-2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 3500HD 6.6L Diesel
2017-2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 3500HD 6.6L Diesel
Legal In CA – Emission Compliant Exempt #: D-161-120
Adds Up To +61 HP and +112 lb-ft with 6 Power Levels!!
**This will NOT Allow for any emission modifications**
Most powerful, smartest and safest tuner available.
The Banks 66793 Tuner by Bank has 6 power levels adjustable on-the-fly. Interfaces with OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) to communicate with the vehicle’s ECM. AutoRate uses vehicle data to adjust tune in real-time. ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain. TransCommand protects transmission. Monitor engine and trans functions and control Derringer with iDash SuperGauge. iDash displays data your dashboard doesn’t.
The Banks 66793 Tuner is Easy To Install and Safe To Use.
Derringer has 6 levels, adjustable on-the-fly using the iDash. Level 6 produces best-in-class performance. Level 3 is designed for work use and has a great mid-range feel. When running Level 3 with a loaded truck and/or pulling a trailer, your on-ramp merging speeds and passing times are greatly improved.
The electronics are enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed and communicates with other Banks devices such as our iDash DataMonster, iDash SuperGauge, and PedalMonster throttle booster. The Derringer connects in line with your truck’s engine sensors. But unlike other tuners, it also connects to the vehicle’s OBD-II diagnostic bus.
ActiveSafety health monitoring circuitry keeps an eye on the vehicle and the module itself. It checks its health 100 times a second. If it detects an issue, the Derringer instantly bypasses itself, sets a device diagnostic code, and seamlessly returns the truck to stock power. Plus, Derringer’s special coolant temp monitoring prevents power addition when the engine is too cold or overheated. The Derringer also auto-adjusts power if knock occurs due to bad fuel. Maximum safe power is all automatic with a Derringer — you just choose your preferred power level and enjoy the ride.
The Banks 66693 Tuner Features:
Simple plug and play installation with easy removal for dealer service
Warranty friendly: no reflash required and no traces left in ECU
Adds up to 61 hp and 112 lb-ft
Loaded with Features
Destroys the competition, not your vehicle!
ActiveSafety protects engine/powertrain
6 power levels with on the fly level changing
Interfaces with OBDII Port (On-Board Diagnostics/Information) to communicate directly with the vehicle ECU
Enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed
LED Derringer status indicator
Works while in cruise control
Optimized Derringer layout to view vital data
Regen status displayed over power level when Regen is active
Power added bar graph shows Derringer power being added
On-screen Derringer Status Indicator
Corrects MAP and FRP parameter to accurate readings
Expand system with other Banks Bus products
The Banks difference when it comes to the L5P POWER!
The Derringer tuner — When it comes down to it, you want a real L5P tuner. You want something that makes big power and doesn’t kill your truck. After all, you just spent a lot of money on that beast. The Banks Derringer L5P tuner is the only option you should be plugging into your truck. Look, the other guys claim big numbers and we call bulls—t! We tested every other tuner on the same dyno, same day, same weather conditions, with the same technician… Same damn test, period! There’s only so much you can do by just intercepting the fuel rail pressure sensor. That’s where all the others fall short. The Derringer is the only tuner that actually utilizes your truck’s ECU to make intelligent calculations!
After months of Banks Power testing, the results are in and we can’t wait to share them.
NOTE: Dr. Performance and Stealth both use the same box.
Test Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel L5P. Factory intake and exhaust. All tests run on same truck, same day, same conditions. Tested on Mustang DYNO, 19 second sweep.
How the Banks 66693 Tuner Derringer does what it does, and why
There’s no easy way to make more power your daily driven L5P with GMs ECU and factory turbo, no magic flash or special “chip” available. Above all Banks had to go the tuner route, and making an inline tuner for your truck was no easy task. Banks subsequently have almost a thousand man-hours into Derringer development. Fortunately, we’ve been making tuners for 20 years, so Banks know what they’re doing.
Furthermore, the Derringer is a plug-and-play microcomputer designed for easy installation, it’s enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed, and connects to the iDash 1.8 Super Gauge for the ultimate in information and power selection, unlocking three additional power levels.
To clarify, unlike the fixed tuning used by others, the Derringer calibration is continuously adjusting to provide you the peak possible performance under every driving condition. Likewise by utilizing the power of the OBD-II data, the tuner intelligently fine-tunes its calibration on the fly without you having to change its power level.
– Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) – The Derringer senses your engine’s EGT and intelligently modulates fueling to maintain a safe maximum EGT, protecting your turbo and engine.
– Altitude compensation – The Derringer senses ambient air pressure, controlling the turbocharger to maintain added boost and power as altitude increases.
– Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regen – The Derringer tuner constantly monitors your DPF regen status and will optimize its calibration to ensure the DPF regen process completes successfully.
– Accelerator Pedal Monitoring – The Derringer senses accelerator pedal position to roll in additional power progressively, optimizing part-throttle fuel economy and giving max power when you ask for it.
– Coolant Temperature Monitoring – The Derringer senses coolant temp to control added power. During warmup, no power is added below 120° F, then power is ramped in and fully available above 150° If the coolant overheats for any reason, the Derringer starts removing its power at 230° F and additional power is totally removed if you exceed 240° F.
– Full Power Timer – If set on Sport level, the Derringer allows for 30 seconds of wide open throttle before transitioning to the recommended power level for sustained tow/haul. (Our research has shown that the Ford 6.7L Power Stroke will de-rate starting 1450F to keep the EGT temps below 1500F. So Derringer works in conjunction with the factory ECM to do the same thing)
TransCommand® Active Transmission Safety System
In addition to AutoRate Adaptive Tuning, the Derringer utilizes key engine and transmission parameters to enhance shift performance and improve the longevity of your transmission. For instance the competitors lack the essential OBD-II data, they always add power at wide open throttle—no matter what! Subsequently can cause excessive transmission slip, torque converter clutch slip and even 170 HP engine derates in order for the transmission to complete the shift. Likewise this also harms the overall performance and degrades your transmission. The Derringer is meticulously calibrated and extensively tested to properly modulate power during shifting, optimizing performance and safety.
– Intelligent Shift Tuning – The transmission shift request signal is monitored to optimize the power level prior to the shift protecting the transmission, increasing shift speed and avoiding ECU power derates.
– Boost and Fuel by Gear – Gear based calibration allows for optimum traction and performance
– Torque Converter Clutch Slip Monitoring – The Derringer adjusts to modulate TCC slip to safe levels.
– Transmission Slip Monitoring – The Derringer adjusts calibration to modulate transmission slip to safe levels.
As a result the Derringer is the only tuner on the market to include ‘Active Safety’, an active failsafe system that utilizes bypass relays to smoothly transition your vehicle to stock power levels in the event of any trouble signs in the Derringer. In short the system constantly monitors various parameters at over 50 times a second to ensure that everything is operating as it should. If any competitive tuners lose power or fail in any way, they will instantly trigger a “limp home” mode where all power is lost and the vehicle dangerously slows to a crawl. If the same fault condition occurs to the Derringer it will gracefully remove its additional power and return to stock power levels without a hitch.
– Internal self-diagnostics checks health of the system 50 times per second
– Monitors MAP and FRP signals for out of range condition (disconnected or short circuit)
– Watchdog timer constantly monitors CPU activity
– Active safety engages if 12-volt power is lost to the Derringer tuner.
– Simple plug and play installation with easy removal for dealer service
– Warranty friendly: no reflash required and no traces left in ECU
– 3 power levels with on the fly level changing (with switch)
– Enclosed in a compact housing which is easily concealed
– LED Derringer status indicator
Additional Features with iDash 1.8, DataMonster or Super Gauge
– 6 power levels with on the fly level changing using iDash
– Optimized Derringer layout to view vital data
– Regen status displayed over power level when Regen is active
– Power added bar graph shows Derringer power being added
– Datalog up to 100 Derringer, engine or transmission parameters through microSD card
– On-screen Derringer Status Indicator
– Corrects MAP and FRP parameter to accurate readings
– Update Derringer software and calibration through iDash 1.8 using microSD card
– Expand system with other Banks Bus products
Includes Banks Power 12 Month Full Mfg Warranty
Need Help Ordering??
Give Us A Call And We Can Assist You- CLICK HERE
Purchase with confidence, we are an
Authorized Banks Power Dealer.
*For Continental U.S. Shipments ONLY